Friday, October 12, 2012

Yays & Nays of Today!

So I decided that I am going to start this new thing on my blog about work. I have recently moved to Canada with Ryan as most of you know and through a blessing situation I was able to acquire a job at Tim Hortons. If you are the American that I know that most of you are then you might not be sure of what Tim Hortons is, Here is a link to the website. I like to think of it as a cross between American Mcdonalds/Dunkin Donuts & Starbucks. Whatever the case may be, I am at a continual constant surrender to let God lead my life through this one. I am a 25 years old married woman, a college graduate with a bachelors of science in merchandising as well as two associates degrees in business, as well as being well travelled and educated with the ways of the world right? One would think that I am a little bit 'above' fast food right? That its something that I am 'too good' for. At times yes I do feel that way, but I am very humbled in the fact that I was able to come and be with my husband and that I actually do have a job. Whatever that job may be at this point. I realize that God has called us to work hard and to Him be the glory. So that is where I am at. Okay now back to the blog, working at TH I realize that I see a lot of people on a daily basis, sometimes my heart can be quite irriated with the lack of respect that I receive, So i decided that I am going to do the Yays and Nays of the day from work. I have been telling Ryan about them when I come home and some of them are quite great, interesting and I really hope lead people to not make the same mistakes so here goes, a few from the last few weeks. Yays: -paying for the customer behind you in the drive through, even when you find out they have 4 coffees and a $25 dollar Tim Card Reload -leaving a 6 dollar tip when I realized that I charged you for 4 xl coffees when you really wanted 1 with 4 sugars and I kindly fixed the mistake and gave you your money back. -working with foreign workers ( they are the hardest working people I have ever met) Nays: -smoking in your car while you are in the drive thru, its rude, and I really dont want to have smoke blown in my face. (not to mention your kids in the car dont want smoke blown in their faces either) -being on the phone while I am trying to take your money and give you your food. Please be kind and restrain from chatting for just the 1.5 minutes that you are at the window. (plus its illegal to talk on the phone and drive anyways) - not making any eye contact with me while I am trying to take your money and handing you your food, instead you are too busy talking to the people in your car to even acknowledge that I am providing you with the things that keep you going for the day. Well those are the few for today. Its off to work I go. (Just know that these truly are in great fun, and please see my heart in them people.) The people that are serving you food are still people too, so respect them as you want to be respected!

No comments:

Post a Comment